Thankful: Wonderful CISWY Book Review

November 22, 2007

We solemnly swear that the first, thoughtfully positive and rather persuasive review of Can I Sit With You? on lulu.com was totally unsolicited. We honestly have no idea who wrote it, but we loooooves them very much.

...For any adult who wants to be allied with a child (and even normal kids get the blues), this kind of book may be just the thing to open up discussion of what's happening to that child. It may comfort just because of its honesty and its assurance that other children have felt and survived these things, or it could be used to foster problem-solving to help a child cope with the pitfalls and hazards of even the most normal school experience. It could also help kids who don't have problems (or who are the problems) to see the situation from the point of view of those who are struggling, and open up the way for conversations about compassion and the different experiences of other people.
Happy Thanksgiving, all.

Posted by Shan & Jen at 8:29 AM  

3 comments:

I can promise you that it was unsolicited, because I wrote it after reading the book yesterday. It's basically the same thing I wrote in my personal blog, which is locked, so I decided to repost it on the Lulu site. :)

I think the project is wonderful and I do believe that your blog and your book have the potential to be helpful and healing. I loved the way the book felt so open to all experiences, without agenda or moralizing.

Best of luck with the entire project and thank you for all your work. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

-- Ande

Ande said...
22/11/07 11:32 AM  

Hi Ande,

Well then, thank you!

It says on your profile that you're a writer (as well as really busy, understood); please do send in a story if you have the inclination or time.

Anonymous said...
22/11/07 5:58 PM  

Ande,
You have summed up the various benefits of the stories submitted in such comprehensive and thoughtful concepts and language! As one who submitted a story, I can honestly say that reading your description gave me a great sense of satisfaction about sharing my story.
Thank you,
Suzanne

Anonymous said...
22/11/07 9:45 PM  

Post a Comment